Apple introduced the world to new iOS8 and OS X 10.10 Yosemite at its 2014 Worldwide Developers Conference last week. Many updates fit the theme of greater collaboration between Apple products and outside devices. Here are a few ways Apple systems will play nicer with others:
- Up to six users can share music, apps, and movies purchased with the same credit card.
- Spotlight will now search the web in addition to folders accessed through OS X 10.10.
- Users can mute or leave group texts. The opposite of collaboration, but a much needed feature.
- HomeKit: This software platform means you could soon dim your lights, change the thermostat, and enable your security system from an iPhone.
- Continuity: Devices registered to the same Apple ID and physically close to each other will soon sync up, allow you to start typing an e-mail on your iPad, then finish it on your Mac Book.
By Prasana William