Your domain name represents your business online. A name that matches your business and is easy to remember can lead to more visits and more clients.
Here are some tips for choosing a great domain name:
- Keep it short
- Buy a .com name if you can
- Other recognizable top-level domains like .net and .co.uk are perfectly fine
- One, two, or three words together is ideal
- Match the name of your business while keeping it short (e.g. “Jane Doe’s Fresh Folds” becomes “janedoesfreshfolds.com”)
- Match the name your clients might search for generically (e.g. “laundry service”)
- An example of combining the two approaches might be “janefreshlaundry.com”
- It’s okay to buy more than one domain name
If the domain name you thought of is already taken, take some time to brainstorm. You’ll find a good one.
By Sharon Campbell