Debuting at the end of April, Samsung’s Galaxy S8 smartphone is set to update popular features from the S7 and add a few new ones. Here’s a look at what you can expect from the new device:
- Infinity Screen: Stretching from edge to edge of the device, Samsung claims this display is the first of its kind. It’s certainly the biggest screen the company has featured on a smartphone, and features curved edges that transition seamlessly into the glass back. The infinity screen is taller than the average smartphone, giving the appearance of also being bigger. However, the phone still fits comfortably in the hand, according to experts. The screen also features an AMOLED display.
- Camera: The new camera retains the dual-pixel autofocus of the S7 on both front and back cameras. Samsung did tweak the camera slightly to provide a sharper picture.
- Wireless Charging: The phone is accompanied by a wireless charger in a soft leather.
- Bixby: The Galaxy S8 is the first Samsung phone to feature artificial intelligence system Bixby. The system observes users behavior patterns and prompts action based on the learned habits. Samsung hopes to eventually offer Bixby across all its appliances.
- Facial Recognition: In addition to the iris scanner offered on the S7, facial recognition is available on the S8.
- Water Protection: The S8 is waterproof for up to 30 minutes in up to 5 feet of water.
By Prasana William